Ten-pin Bowling - Martina Walsh
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Martina Walsh
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Tenpin Bowling
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
I love Bowling and meeting new friends. I also like going to the competitions.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have been involved in Bowling for over 4 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I am doing World Games Training with TEAM IRELAND.
I am going Walking and doing Club Training.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was delighted and my Club was over the moon. I was very proud to be selected.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory is getting a medal at The Ireland Games in Limerick. Vincent (Brother), Niall, Tom, Catriona, Kathleen were delighted I am going to World Games.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
My hobby is Bowling. I live with my Mother. Vincent my Brother is very proud of me.