Gymnastics - Paul Keane
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Paul Keane
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Gymnastics
CLUB DETAILS: Special Olympics Club Wexford
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It is amazing.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have been involved in Swimming, Football and Gymnastics for 8 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I will be training on The Rings; Parallel Bars; Floor Exercise; Vault and High Bar.
I train Wednesday evenings and on a Saturday. I enjoy making my body fit and healthy so I go Swimming on a Monday; Horse Riding on Tuesday and Football on a Thursday.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I felt amazed and excited.
I am pleased that all my family are very happy for me.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory was winning the GOLD on the Rings and the Floor Exercise in Limerick 2014.
I go the highest score of 19.3 in the Rings which was amazing and I got butterflies in my stomach.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I enjoy work experience in the Loch Garman Arms (a Pub/Restaurant) in Gorey, Co Wexford.
I watch television especially enjoy English and Spanish Football: I love Games and DVDs and my favourite games are Transformers and FIFA 15. I like going to the cinema and I am looking forward to seeing Fast and Furious in April 2015. My family are very important to me. I have 3 Sisters; 1 Brother; Mum and Dad; 3 Nephews and 1 Niece due in February.