Gymnastics - Billy Kane
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Billy Kane
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Gymnastics
CLUB DETAILS: Mid Sutton Gymnastics
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It is an honour to be selected to represent my country in such a major competition.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have been involved in gymnastics for 6 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I will be doing additional midweek training and daily conditioning exercises.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was very happy.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory was participating in the Ireland Games in Limerick last year.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I enjoy Gymnastics, Swimming, Football, Bowling and Dancing.
I have 1 Brother and 2 Sisters.