Football 11-A-Side - Nathan Finney
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Nathan Finney
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Football 11
CLUB DETAILS: Sporting Fingal Special Olympics Club
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It means I get the chance to go to LA.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have been playing Football for 7 years and Basketball for 10 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I will be going for long cycles and training with Sporting Fingal.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
It is a dream come true.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory is qualifying to go to LA and playing for Ireland.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
My hobby is cycling including travelling to Training. I have 4 sisters.