Bocce - Anne Hoey
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Anne Hoey
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Bocce
CLUB DETAILS: Drogheda Special Olympics Club
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It means so much to me. I enjoy getting out and meeting my friends.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
Basketball, bocce, and swimming - I have been with Drogheda Special Olympics club about six years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I train every Monday night with my club and I am going to start walking to get fit for my trip to LA.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
"I was over the moon"
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
The whole experience of representing Leinster in the National Games and meeting coaches and new friends on the Bocce Team.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I have four brothers and five sisters in my family so there are 10 of us all together. Twelve people are travelling to LA to support e including my Mam. I love to go on my swing in the back garden and i enjoy listening to music.