Basketball - Nichola Farrell
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Nichola Farrell
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Basketball
CLUB DETAILS: Blackrock Flyers
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
I like to meet people. I like playing with the team.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
Basketball for 10 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
Running; basketball training; walking the dog; training with the team.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I felt good that I was selected for LA.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
The Ireland Games in Limerick.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
There are four in my family. I like watching TV. I like playing with animals.