Athletics - Lisa O'Brien
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Lisa O’Brien
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Athletics
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It is great and I love doing Athletics.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have been involved for 5 years and my sports are 50m Run and 25m Run.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I will be Training in my Club and I will be doing my swimming.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was very happy and excited.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory of Special Olympics is all the friends I have made.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I live with my family and I have a dog. I like to meet with my friends in the café.