Aquatics - Gary McEnroe
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Gary McEnroe
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Aquatics
CLUB DETAILS: St. John of God Menni Services
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It is great to be able to represent Country, Hometown and College.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
Swimming and Badminton but doing Swimming in LA - 1 year with my Club.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
Drinking water and swimming healthily plus Swimming every day.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was really excited and happy.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
2014 Special Olympics National Games where I won 2 GOLD medals.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I live with my mum and dad, my sister Emma and my Aunty. I like to watch television and go for walks.