Boss Loew will consider future after shock exit for Germany
Joachim Loew has admitted that he will consider his future as German manager following their stunning exit from the World Cup.
Loew's side exited the competition after the concession of a pair of injury-time goals against South Korea following a scoreless 90 minutes where the defending champions huffed and puffed in search of the strike that would have put them through.
The dramatic developments in Kazan meant that Mexico survived to make the round of 16 despite losing 3-0 to Sweden in Ekaterinburg.
However, they must now beat Brazil if they are to reach a first quarter-final in 32 years after goals from Paulinho and Thiago Silva earned the Selecao top spot in Group E. Sweden's reward for topping the group is a last 16 meeting with Switzerland where the winner could face England or Belgium in the quarter-finals.
Germany supremo Loew signed a contract extension last month that will keep him in charge until 2022 - that would mean a 16-year stint as the number one.
But he acknowledged that he would have to review his position following an early elimination that few saw coming after their dramatic victory over Sweden last Saturday.
"I'm shocked," said Loew. "It's too soon for me to answer, it will take a few hours to see things clearly, the disappointment is very deep in me.
"We will have to have discussions tomorrow, we'll see how it goes," said the 58-year-old.
Loew conceded that his team only really sprung to life when they learned that Sweden were ahead, a development which meant they had to score. Their best chance came with five minutes of normal time remaining, however, Mats Hummels headed wide from six yards.
"We did see that we needed to put on the pressure," he said, "We need to congratulate our opponents who have made it out of the group.
"We didn't deserve to win this title again, we didn't deserve to move into the round of 16."