Tweets of the Week
Tweets of the week
The best soccer tweets of the week.
Richard Keys (@richardajkeys)
Been laughing at Redknapp jnr's column all day. Moyes playing Mata out of position? It was him and his Dad asked Andy what to do with Modric
– Former Sky Sports presenter reveals that it was Andy Gray who uncovered the secrets to Luka Modric's success
Robin Van Persie @Persie_Official
Training today looking forward to tomorrow!
– Until his hat-trick the next day, we thought the Manchester United man doth tweet too much
Antonio Valencia @7AntoV
This is nothing for joy that manchester has given me
– The joy of victory eases the winger's pain from his black eye
Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker)
Soldado makes me realise I wasn't that s**t
– Following up from his Lionel Messi tweet last week, the Spurs striker seemingly makes the BBC presenter feel better about himself
Rio Ferdinand (@rioferdy5)
Great draw in the CL vs Bayern....can't wait! 2 great clubs steeped in great history going at it again!
– The Manchester United defender definitely doth tweet too much
Shane Long (Shanelong009)
I got clipped, no I didn't dive, yeah it was a soft and that's why i didn't claim for it. Anyway a big 3points for us – The Hull striker responds to criticism from West Brom fans after earning a penalty. According to his wife, some abused him in front of his children after the game
Joey Barton (@Joey7Barton)
RIP Match of the day. Sadly passed away last night after a long struggle since Des Lynam left. BBC either need to bin it or get it back to the way it was. It was terrible last night. A British institution dying in front of ours eyes.
– The appearance of Russell Brand on the show finally tips the QPR midfielder over the edge