GIOVANNI TRAPATTONI has told FAI CEO John Delaney that there is no truth in renewed speculation linking him with a temporary return to Juventus in tandem with his duties as Ireland manager.
With Juve boss Ciro Ferrara facing the sack, Trapattoni has been mooted as a short-term fill-in for the remainder of the Serie A season -- similar to the arrangement which saw Guus Hiddink take over at Chelsea last year for a short period while continuing his national team work with Russia.
However, Delaney spoke to the 70-year-old yesterday and is confident that the €2m-a-year man remains focused on just one job. "I've been in contact with Giovanni and there is nothing in it," said Delaney last night.
"We renewed his contract, as people know, for the European Championships and he's looking forward to going to the draw on February 7 with us in Poland.
"I think he was very attracted to international football and managing the Irish team, having given up club management, and that's certainly not something he's going to go back to at this juncture."