Victor Lindelof's proposed move to Manchester United could be back on
Victor Lindelof's proposed move to Manchester United could be back on following reports he was left off the team sheet for Benfica's Portuguese League Cup clash with FC Pacos de Ferreira amid claims an Old Trafford move is imminent.
Leading up to the January transfer window, a £42 million transfer to United had been considered all-but-done. However, recent reports have suggested that Jose Mourinho's interest has waned given the form of Marcos Rojo and Phil Jones.
Mourinho, though, is still eager to boost his defensive options and The Daily Mirror reports how the 22 year-old is exactly the talent to boost the ranks.
Manchester United want to sign Atalanta midfielder Franck Kessie, according to his agent.
The Manchester Evening News claims United have been linked with a move for the 20 year-old, and the agent, George Atangana, has suggested the youngster will look to leave Serie A in January.
Atangana said: "We have a lot of interest from the Premier League. Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City and Arsenal. I cannot say at this stage how much he will cost but we are talking about one of the best young players in the world.
"But for us the most important thing is that the technical project is the right one for him. Franck is very young so we have to be very careful about his development."
West Ham boss Slaven Bilic says there is no truth in reports suggesting he will make a loan move for United striker Marcus Rashford in the January transfer window.
The arrival of Zlatan Ibrahimovic has seen Rashford reduced to a bit-part player under new boss Jose Mourinho and he has struggled for game time following his breakout season.
Although Bilic admitted that the club could invest in an English player with Premier League experience, the 48-year-old Croatian was quick to dismiss the speculation.
"No way," Bilic said. "Rashford is very valuable for Manchester United. There's no way. There's no way to get him. They have many games, four competitions. He's playing. So no way. No way."
The Daily Record reports that 17-year-old Livingston midfielder Matthew Knox will head to United on Monday in a bid to land a dream move to Old Trafford.
Knox has been handed a third trial with Mourinho's side who, we are told, want a final look at him before deciding whether to make a £150,000 bid for the midfielder.
The highly-rated young man has also had stints with Tottenham, Liverpool and Everton.
And finally, Arsenal defender Mathieu Debuchy has revealed his disappointment at failing to secure a move to Man Utd earlier this year.
Louis van Gaal attempted to sign the right-back in January, who was out of favour at the Emirates, but Arsene Wenger said no. Debuchy eventually joined Bordeaux.
"It's something I did not appreciate," Debuchy said. "He [Wenger] wasn't using me, so I didn't see his interest in doing that."