Transfer rumours: Liverpool in for Swedish striker as Arsenal 'make contact' with Miralem Pjanic
RB Leipzig's versatile forward Emil Forsberg has emerged as a transfer target for Liverpool after their advances for Dortmund's Christian Pulisic were rebuffed.
Forsberg, who tops the Bundesliga's assists table this season with eight, could come in as attacking cover with Sadio Mane away at the African Cup of Nations this month and fresh injury concerns over Daniel Sturridge.
The 25-year-old Swede, who has played 24 times for his country, would set Liverpool back £20m, according to The Mirror.
Quincy Promes has been urged by his compatriot Giorginio Wijnaldum to join him at Anfield as rumours of a £20m deal for midfielder gather pace.
The 24-year-old Dutchman has played 72 league games for Spartak Moscow, scoring 37 goals and making 17 assists.
After Liverpool's win over Manchester City on Sunday, Wijnaldum said: "I think Quincy knows how great Liverpool is, I knew it before I came here. Of course I want him to come to Liverpool because I know he is a good player and also a good person who can help the team."
Joe Hart's proposed move to Anfield is looking unlikely with Jurgen Klopp apparently not interested in the England international's services despite the poor performances of goalkeepers Simon Mignolet and Lorius Karius this season.
The German manager is apparently interested in 22-year-old Benfica and Mexico striker Raul Jimenez, however, with a £22m move being lined up, according to Squawka.
Meanwhile, Miralem Pjanic has emerged as a potential transfer target for Arsenal as they search for Santi Cazorla’s long-term replacement, according to reports.
Arsène Wenger has apparently been in contact with the Bosnia and Herzegovina international to enquire whether he would consider swapping Juventus for the Emirates.
However, according to The Sun, the Serie A club are unlikely to let Pjanic leave after being snubbed by Axel Witsel.
Mathieu Debuchy looks set to leave the Emirates after his public disagreement with Wenger over a prospective move to Manchester United.
The 31-year-old full-back recently told media in France that he had been prevented from joining United in 2015, in comments which have reportedly gone down badly with Wenger.
According to the Daily Mirror, Debuchy could now be let go, even though fellow right-back Carl Jenkinson is also set to depart this month.
Jack Wilshere’s contract situation remains up in the air, with Wenger admitting after Sunday’s win over Crystal Palace that he had not yet discussed a new deal with the midfielder.
“It was his birthday (on New Year’s Day). I sent him a message,” Wenger said. “The good news is Jack Wilshere will not play (on Tuesday) but is still good enough to give any team problems.”
Wilshere is unavailable for loan club Bournemouth when they play Arsenal on Tuesday night due to Premier League regulations.
(© Independent News Service)
Independent News Service