Sampdoria are hoping to complete the signing of Everton forward Samuel Eto'o on Tuesday.
The Genoa outfit has been in talks with Everton and Eto'o's representatives in recent weeks with a view to completing the move for the 33-year-old.
"Eto'o should be here in Genoa on Tuesday," Samp sporting director Carlo Osti told Italian TV station Telenord.
Eto'o, who joined Everton only five months ago from Chelsea, is set to sign an 18-month contract with the Genoa outfit.
The 33-year-old has reportedly reduced his wages by 40 per cent in order to return to Serie A.
The former Cameroon striker spent two seasons at Inter Milan and was a member of the Nerazurri's 2010 treble-winning side that won the Serie A title, Coppa Italia and Champions League under coach Jose Mourinho.
Osti, whose side sold top scorer Manolo Gabbiadini to Napoli earlier this month, also confirmed that Colombia striker Luis Muriel and Italian defender Andrea Coda will be joining Samp later this week from Udinese.
Both players had agreed terms with Samp last week but the deal fell through after Udinese pulled the plug following a difference of opinion on Muriel's injury.
"The signings of Muriel and Coda will become official shortly," Osti said.
Sampdoria, who are coached by Sinisa Mihajlovic, are flying high in Serie A this season and are currently fourth in the standings, level on 33 points with third-placed Napoli.