Monday 25 June 2018

Belgium BEL 5

Tunisia TUN 2

REPORT

South Korea KOR 1

Mexico MEX 2

REPORT

Germany GER 2

Sweden SWE 1

REPORT

England ENG 6

Panama PAN 1

REPORT

Japan JPN 2

Senegal SEN 2

REPORT

Poland POL 0

Colombia COL 3

REPORT

Saudi Arabia SAU 2

Egypt EGY 1

Full Time

Uruguay URY 3

Russia RUS 0

REPORT

Spain ESP

Morocco MAR

Iran IRN

Portugal POR

Denmark DNK

France FRA

Australia AUS

Peru PER

Iceland ISL

Croatia CRO

Nigeria NGA

Argentina ARG

Mexico MEX

Sweden SWE

South Korea KOR

Germany GER

Switzerland SUI

Costa Rica CRI

Serbia SRB

Brazil BRA

Senegal SEN

Colombia COL

Japan JPN

Poland POL

Panama PAN

Tunisia TUN

England ENG

Belgium BEL

'I had a big decision to make' - Harry Arter on his Bournemouth future amid transfer rumours

Ireland's Harry Arter has been linked with a move away from Bournemouth. Photo by Matt Browne/Sportsfile
Ireland's Harry Arter has been linked with a move away from Bournemouth. Photo by Matt Browne/Sportsfile
Kevin Palmer

Kevin Palmer

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has insisted he has no plans to sell Republic of Ireland midfielder Harry Arter in this transfer window.

Independent.ie understands that West Ham expressed an interest in signing Arter last month, yet the London club did not come close to Bournemouth’s valuation of the 28-year-old midfielder during initial discussions and no formal offer was lodged.

Arter has not always been a first choice starter for Howe this season, but he suggested he was one of the few players who emerged with credit from Bournemouth’s thumping FA Cup defeat against League One side Wigan on Wednesday.

"He was absolutely motivated to play and give his best and that's always the first thing I look at, are the players committed?" said Howe, ahead of Bournemouth's trip to West Ham on Saturday.

"Harry was very committed against Wigan and I thought he was one of the bright sparks. I want him to stay."

Arter signed a new contract with the Cherries last summer and has confirmed to Independent.ie that he considered walking away from the club he joined in 2010.

“I had a big decision to make this summer to commit to a new contract. A lot has gone on in my personal life,” he told us.

“The lows and highs have been massive and you sometimes feel it is time for a new challenge, but this feels like a new club now. We are not standing still, the club is on the up, the manager is great for me.

“There was a little bit of interest from other clubs, but my agent was speaking to Bournemouth straight after the final game of last season and we came to an agreement quite quickly over a new four year deal.

“I hope that in the next few years here, Bournemouth can be a big club at the end of it. We are looking at a new stadium, a new training ground is on the way and at the age of 27, playing every week is what I wanted to do. If I was at a top club and not playing, I’d get no satisfaction out of that.”

Online Editors

Sport Newsletter

The best sport action straight to your inbox every morning.

Editor's Choice

Also in Sport