Brendan Rodgers back in hunt for Alexandre Lacazette as Christian Benteke bid stalls
Liverpool could still make a swoop for Alexandre Lacazette this summer, according to L'Equipe.
The forward has yet to pen a new deal with Lyon, and French press claim he will submit a transfer request before the new season starts.
According to L'Equipe, Lyon have been in regular contact with Lacazette's representatives this summer but have so far failed to thrash out new terms.
Liverpool will, apparently, face competition from the usual names - Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain.
The Reds, meanwhile, have been told to put up or shut up in their bid to land Aston Villa star Christian Benteke.
The Daily Star reports that the striker has a £32.5 million escape clause in his contract, a deal which still has two years to run, and that Villa won't accept a penny less.
Raheem Sterling has told Liverpool he does not want to join their pre-season tour of the Far East and Australia as he tries to push through his move to Manchester City.
With City preparing a third bid for the England winger, Sterling returned to Liverpool training on Monday in a mood of agitation as he demands to quit Anfield.
The sense of rebellion in the player has been increasing since the middle of last season when talks on a new £100,000 a week contract ended, but they have now taken another dark turn, reveals today's Daily Telegraph.
Sterling, 20, is believed to have held a meeting with Brendan Rodgers after his first pre-season training session to express unwillingness to travel to Bangkok this Sunday. Liverpool then fly to Australia and Malaysia as part of a two-week tour.
Sterling's relationship with the club has utterly broken down but there will be no resolution unless a £50 million bid materialises. Liverpool expect the winger to join their travelling party.
City have been rebuffed with earlier offers that not only fell short of Liverpool’s valuation but included add-ons to the value of £5 million that were unacceptable. Manuel Pellegrini hopes to secure Sterling in time to join his own club's tour of Australia, with a fresh approach expected within days.
The Anfield hierarchy are adamant that they will keep Sterling on his £35,000-a-week contract for the next two years if their price is not met.
While City's confidence they can sign Sterling increases, they are ready to abandon their pursuit of Paul Pogba due to the £100 million-plus package to sign the Juventus midfielder.
Javier Manquillo's loan spell at Liverpool has been cancelled after Atletico Madrid accepted the Reds' request to cut short the deal.
The Mirror reveals that Manquillo, 21, was due to spend next season at Anfield as part of the two-year agreement Liverpool struck with Atletico last summer.
However, Rodgers feels Manquillo, who lost his starting place during the second half of last season, would have few opportunities because of Nathaniel Clyne's £12.5 million signing from Southampton.
And finally, Liverpool have reportedly entered talks to sign Olivier Kemen from Newcastle.
The French midfielder joined Newcastle from Metz two seasons ago, but has since failed to break into the first-team at St James' Park.
Rodgers has been monitoring the 18-year-old and is considering a summer offer for the promising youngster, according to reports in France.