The Black Panther - Eusebio factfile
* 25 January, 1942. Born in Lourenço Marques, Mozambique.
* 1957-60. Played for Sporting Clube de Lourenço Marques.
* 1960-75. Joined Benfica for £7,500, going on to win 11 league titles and 1962 European Cup. Part of 1968 side that lost final to Manchester United.
* Named 1965 European Footballer of the Year.
* 1975-79. Ended career with spells at minor Portuguese, American and Canadian sides.
* Scored 41 goals in 64 games for Portugal. Emotional defeat in 1966 World Cup semi-final to England at Wembley.
* Top scorer at tournament with nine goals.