Saints trio pen new deals
Jason McCarthy, Bevis Mugabi and Jordan Turnbull have all signed new contracts with Southampton.
The trio are graduates of Saints' much-vaunted youth system and have seen their progress rewarded with extended deals.
Turnbull is currently impressing on loan at League One promotion hopefuls Swindon and on Thursday signed a new contract until 2018.
The 20-year-old was one of three defenders to commit their future to St Mary's in the space of a day, with McCarthy and Mugabi following suit.
The former has been involved in the first-team squad on a number of occasions and made his professional debut in Saints' 3-1 win at Crystal Palace on Boxing Day.
McCarthy, captain of the club's Under-21s side, has been rewarded for that progress with a new deal which will keep him at St Mary's until 2017.
"It's great to put pen to paper,'' he told Southampton's official YouTube channel.
"Obviously at the start of the year I knew I was out of contract at the end of the season.
"I was pleased with my progress at the time and I think I've done well this season so far.
"I've been with the club since I was seven years old, so it really shows that I'm at the right place."
The announcement was followed by news that Mugabi had signed a new two-and-a-half year deal.
The 19-year-old has been with Saints since being released by Fulham in 2011 and, having recovered from a long-term knee injury, extended his stay until 2017.
"I'm delighted to get it actually signed and all sorted so I can now just focus on my football and prove my place," Mugabi said.
"The next progression for me is first-team football, so hopefully I can carry on working hard and prove myself in training and matches.
"The club gave me my chance when Fulham let me go. It's the place to be for any young footballer.
"Southampton have produced loads of players and hopefully I can be one of them to come through."