Two Irish internationals named in the Top Five fastest players in the Premier League this season
Two Republic of Ireland internationals have been named among the fastest players plying their trade in the Premier League.
OPTA have released figures for the tops speeds clocked in the Premier League this season.
Southampton's Shane Long has yet to open his account in the Premier League this season but is the fastest player in the league having reached a speed of 35.31km/h.
James McClean is fifth on the list having been recorded sprinting at 35.04km/h.
The Irishmen have outsprinted speedsters like of Hector Bellerin, Sadio Mane and Raheem Sterling who doesn't make the top 20.
The top 20 fastest Premier League players:
20. Joshua King, Bournemouth, 34.61 km/h
18 = Jesús Navas, Manchester City, 34.65 km/h
18 = Erik Pieters, Stoke City, 34.65 km/h
17. Vincent Janssen, Tottenham, 34.69 km/h
16. Michail Antonio, West Ham, 34.74km/h
15. Sadio Mané, Liverpool, 34.75km/h
13 = Marko Arnautovic, Stoke City, 34.77km/h
13 = Héctor Bellerín, Arsenal, 34.77km/h
11 = Theo Walcott, Arsenal, 34.78km/h
11 = Maya Yoshida, Southampton, 34.78km/h
10. Wilfried Zaha, Crystal Palace, 34.79km/h
9. Etienne Capoue, Watford, 34.83km/h
8. Eric Bailly, Manchester United, 34.84km/h
7. Adama Traoré, Middlesbrough, 34.84km/h
6. Andre Gray, Burnley, 34.87km/h
5. James McClean, West Brom, 35.04km/h
4. Jamie Vardy, Leicester City, 35.1km/h
3. Kyle Walker, Tottenham, 35.18km/h
2. Lynden Gooch, Sunderland, 35.19km/h
1. Shane Long, Southampton, 35.31km/h