'There has been no Liverpool offer for Pato' - Corinthians President says no deal has been done
Liverpool have not made any 'concrete offer' for Brazilian striker Alexandre Pato, according to Corinthians President Roberto De Andrade.
While De Andrade was quoted in various publications in Brazil over the weekend saying that "there is an agreement in principle with Liverpool", he has since suggested that there has been no bid from the Merseysiders.
He told SporTV: "Corinthians have received nothing. Nothing concrete has arrived."
Yesterday, De Andrade told Tutto Mercato Web: "There is an agreement in principle with Liverpool for the transfer in the coming weeks. Pato had long expressed a desire to return to Europe.
"Liverpool await, there are a few missing details, but Klopp will have a new reinforcement and for Pato the Premier League will be a new springboard."
Reports coming from Brazil suggest that Liverpool will secure the services of for £15m for Corinthians’ in January.
Liverpool and Corinthians have agreed a £14.3m fee for Alexander Pato. Throwback to him in 2011 https://t.co/rqSE56JBUJ— BeforeFootball (@BeforeFootball) November 7, 2015
Pato previously played in Europe for AC Milan, where from 2007-12, he netted 51 goals in 117 appearances. He has represented the Brazilian national side on 27 occasions with a return of 10 goals.
His form for Sao Paolo has also piqued the interest of Premier League clubs including Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United.
If the move was to go through, he would join Christian Benteke, Danny Ings, and Daniel Sturridge among the strikers available to Klopp.