'There have been no offers' - Real Madrid President makes a claim that may concern Man United fans
Real Madrid President Florentino Perez has confirmed that his club have yet to receive any offers for their star names this summer, in comments that appear to banish the notion his striker Alvaro Morata is on the brink of joining Manchester United.
Morata's move to Old Trafford was reported to be 'close' last week, with the delay in confirming the move believed to be due to his wedding to Alice Campello last weekend.
Yet Perez has now insisted he has not agreed to Morata's move to United, which suggests talks are not as advanced as previously believed.
Real Madrid No.10 James Rodriguez has also been the subject of intense transfer speculation in recent weeks, with United also linked with a move for the Colombian attacking star, but Perez was also dismissive of those stories.
Finally, Perez offer up his first public comments on the future of Cristiano Ronaldo, who has told the club that he wants to leave the club this summer are bing accused of a €14.7m tax fraud by the Spanish authorities.
"There have been no offers for Ronaldo by anyone - Morata and James as well," Perez told Onda Cero and Radio MARCA.
"We think these players are all good after a great season. If there is anything to do, it will be done in time."
United are reportedly reluctant to pay Real Madrid's €90m asking price for Morata, but the club's manager Jose Mourinho has made it clear to Old Trafford chiefs that he wants the bulk of his transfer trading finalised imminently.
Signing Morata may be more realistic than capturing Ronaldo this summer, but it appears a deal for either is still some way from being confirmed.
Subscribe to The Throw-In, Independent.ie's weekly Championship podcast, for the best in GAA discussion and analysis every Monday, with some of the biggest names in football and hurling from Joe Brolly, Tomás Ó'Sé, Brendan Cummins and John Mullane.