Tuesday 16 October 2018

Carlo Ancelotti open to Premier League return but admits he doesn't want to 'upset' Antonio Conte

Carlo Ancelotti
Carlo Ancelotti

Jack Austin

Carlo Ancelotti says he is open to a return to the Premier League, but he does not want to “upset” Antonio Conte by linking himself with the Chelsea job.

The Italian was sacked at Bayern Munich last month but is looking to take up a new challenge in the summer, once his contract at the Bundesliga side finishes, with Ancelotti still receiving his pay-out from the deal until then.

Several European giants have all been linked with the move, including managerless Everton and even West Ham, as well as moves to Italy and China.

However, he said he would not talk about Chelsea due to his relationship with compatriot Conte but did talk up his interest in a return to AC Milan and Serie A rivals Roma.

“I have time to watch football now,” he told Radio Anch’io lo Sport. “I am looking for new opportunities but not right now. My contract with Bayern expires at the end of the season and that’s when I’ll start listening to new offers.

“I want a serious project that can give me time and serenity, even though I know it’s not easy. I am just waiting and something will come.

“The Premier League is a very interesting league of course. The atmosphere is amazing there, even if Bundesliga stadiums are also great.

“Every day there are new speculations about my future - Croatia, China, Everton, Chelsea. Don’t make my friend Antonio upset, I always talk to him.

“Serie A is very interesting. AC Milan have made many changes and fourth place would be a great target, but it won’t be easy.

“I’d see myself coaching Roma but don’t tell [Eusebio] Di Francesco.

“The truth is, I’d like any club, I’d like to coach and I will listen to offers at the end of the season.”

Independent News Service

Sport Newsletter

The best sport action straight to your inbox every morning.

Editor's Choice

Also in Sport