Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has described reports of a bust-up involving Alexis Sanchez as "completely false".
Several newspapers said Sanchez was involved in an incident with his Arsenal team-mates prior to Saturday's 3-1 defeat at Liverpool.
The 28-year-old is said to have walked out of training mid-session one day last week before being involved in an angry confrontation with team-mates.
He was left out of the starting line-up for the match at Anfield, coming on at half-time with his team 2-0 down. He had a hand in the Gunners' goal, providing the pass for Danny Welbeck to score.
But Sanchez took to the training field on Monday morning ahead of the Champions League clash with Bayern Munich and shook the hand of Wenger as he did so.
And Wenger then used his media conference ahead of that game to answer questions about the reports.
"I am not aware, nothing at all," he said.
"I explained after the game I decided to go for a more direct option, that was the unique reason for my decision."
Asked directly if the reports were true, Wenger said: "Completely false. I understand you have to fill newspapers."
Wenger went on to say questions about Sanchez and his own future were not "adjusted" to the press conference, adding he could find individuals in every journalist's company who were not happy with them.
More to follow
Arsene Wenger reminded critics on Saturday night that he was responsible for Alexis Sanchez’s development as an Arsenal player and said he had “no regrets” about dropping him from the team that lost 3-1 at Liverpool.