Ronaldo: Rape claim hurting my family
Cristiano Ronaldo says the rape allegations made against him are "interfering" with his personal life and threatening his "exemplary" reputation.
Ronaldo told France Football magazine that he is particularly upset by the effect of the allegations on his mother and sisters, who are "stunned" and "very angry".
The Juventus star has previously expressed every confidence that he would be cleared of raping Kathryn Mayorga, an American model, in Las Vegas in 2009.
When asked how the allegations were affecting him, the 33-year-old said: "Of course this story is interfering in my life. I have a partner, four children, an ageing mother, sisters, a brother, a family I'm very close to.
"Not to mention my reputation, which is of somebody who is exemplary."
Mayorga filed a civil lawsuit last month in Nevada claiming Ronaldo raped her in his hotel room in 2009. Police also reopened an investigation at her request.
Ronaldo, who has scored four goals in as many Italian league matches since being accused of rape, added: "I explained everything to my partner. My son, Cristiano Jnr, is too young to understand it. I feel the worst for my mother and sisters.
"They're stunned by it all but, at the same time, very angry. This is the first time that I've seen them in this state."
Ronaldo, meanwhile, said he had decided to quit Real Madrid because he felt club president Florentino Perez only ever saw him as a means of making money.
Last month, Ronaldo finished second to his former Real team-mate Luka Modric for Fifa's best player award. The Ballon d'Or, a separate award for the world's best player which is given by France Football, will be handed out on December 3 in Paris, with Ronaldo among the candidates.
"Yes, I think I deserve the Ballon d'Or this year," Ronaldo said. "I dream of winning the Ballon d'Or for the sixth time and, in that case, I would surpass Lionel Messi.
"But I don't control the vote, just my performances." (© Daily Telegraph, London)