England winger Adam Johnson's bail date has been extended by five weeks after he was arrested on suspicion of sexual activity with a girl under 16.
The suspended Sunderland star had been due to attend a County Durham police station on Wednesday, following his arrest a fortnight ago.
A Durham Police spokesman said the 27-year-old will report back on April 23, while inquiries continued, and is now not required to answer bail on Wednesday.
The force also said it was reported a weapon was recovered from Johnson's mansion in the leafy hamlet of Castle Eden when he was arrested, and this has been examined.
A spokesman said the item did not require a firearms certificate and no further police action would be taken.
The force warned people against commenting about the alleged victim on social media.
Officers were aware the investigation had "resulted in considerable rumour and speculation", causing the girl and her family considerable distress, the force said.
The spokesman added: "We stress again the warning we have already given, that anyone who publishes anything which may identify the victim of a sexual offence is committing a criminal act and will be dealt with accordingly."
The winger, born in Sunderland, has represented his country 12 times and also played for Middlesbrough and Manchester City.
He cost the relegation-threatened Wearside club £10 million when they purchased him in 2012 and he has gone on to score 17 goals for them.