RTÉ and TV3 to share Euro 2016 coverage - Here is a complete breakdown of the TV listings
Euro 2016 will be available on both RTE and TV3 after the national broadcaster reached an agreement to sub-let 22 of the 51 games.
The agreements means that RTE will screen 30 games - including all three of Ireland's group matches - while TV3 will have exclusive rights to 21 games with both stations sharing the rights for the final.
RTÉ will retain first choice on matches in the knock-out stages and will broadcast a highlights programme on each night of the tournament.
Ryle Nugent, Group Head of RTÉ Sport said: “In an increasingly competitive and high cost sports rights market, RTÉ has sought a solution to secure and deliver sport to the Irish audience.
"2016 is a huge year for Irish sport with the 6 Nations, GAA Championships, Olympics, Paralympics, European Athletic Championships and the FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
"This year’s European Soccer Championship Finals is the biggest ever, with an additional 20 matches in comparison to 2012. RTÉ is delighted to partner with TV3, another Irish broadcaster, to ensure that the UEFA Euro 2016 Finals are delivered to Irish audiences free-to-air."
TV3 Group Managing Director, Pat Kiely, said: “This has been a busy and an exciting few weeks for TV3. We are very happy to be collaborating with our old rivals in RTÉ this summer and I am personally very happy to be announcing the start of what is a new era in Irish sports broadcasting.
“We are grateful to everyone who has made it possible including UEFA, with whom we work so well on Champions’ League and our colleagues in RTÉ. This deal further demonstrates TV3’s commitment under our new owners Virgin Media to bring the very best live sport to Irish viewers. We are very much looking forward to being part of UEFA’s football family for Euro 2016”.
UEFA EURO 2016 Live on RTÉ2
RTÉ2’s coverage of the group stages includes all three Republic of Ireland games, the three Wales games, two of Northern Ireland’s games and one England game.
10 June France v Romania (ko 2000)
11 June Albania v Switzerland (1400)
Wales v Slovakia (2000)
12 June Poland v Northern Ireland (1700)
13 June Rep. of Ireland v Sweden (1700)
Belgium v Italy (2000)
14 June Portugal v Iceland (2000)
15 June Russia v Slovakia (1400)
16 June England v Wales (1400)
Germany v Poland (2000)
17 June Italy v Sweden (1400)
Czech Republic v Croatia (1700)
18 June Belgium v Rep. of Ireland (1400)
Portugal v Austria (2000)
19 June Switzerland v France (2000)
20 June Russia v Wales (2000)
21 June Northern Ireland v Germany (1700)
Czech Republic v Turkey (2000)
22 June Iceland v Austria (1700)
Italy v Rep. of Ireland (2000)
RTÉ2 will also have exclusive live coverage of 5 Round of 16 games, 2 quarter-finals and both semi-finals as well as shared live coverage of the final itself. Knockout games schedule to be announced at the end of the group stages.
UEFA Euro 2016 Live on TV3, TV3HD & 3player
• Saturday 11th June England v Russia
• Sunday 12th June Turkey v Croatia & Germany v Ukraine
• Monday 13th June Spain v Czech Republic
• Tuesday 14th June Austria v Hungary
• Wednesday 15th June Romania v Switzerland & France v Albania
• Thursday 16th June Ukraine v N.Ireland
• Friday 17th June Spain v Turkey
• Saturday 18th June Iceland v Hungary
• Sunday 19th June Romania v Albania
• Monday 20th June Slovakia v England
• Tuesday 21st June Ukraine v Poland & Croatia v Spain
• Weds 22nd June Hungary v Portugal & Sweden v Belgium
• Sat 25th & Sun 26th June Round of 16 (3 games*)
• June 30th June – 3rd July Quarter Finals (2 games*)
• Sunday 10th July The Final
* TV3’s fixtures in the knock-out phases will be announced at the conclusion of the previous rounds