Gomis: I'm not leaving Swansea
Bafetimbi Gomis has ended uncertainty over his future by declaring he will stay at Swansea.
The 12-times capped France striker had appeared to agitate for a transfer in recent weeks despite the sale of Wilfried Bony to Manchester City undoubtedly making him the number one striker at the Liberty Stadium.
Crystal Palace reportedly lodged a £9million club record bid and Swansea also confirmed to Press Association Sport that West Ham had made an offer for Gomis during the January transfer window.
But Gomis ended weeks of speculation about his future on Monday when he tweeted: "I have decided to stay With Swansea. I wanted to share this With you before the end of the transferts (sic) Windows. It's the best choice for me.
"Even if i was sad before Because i didn't play a lot. Now everything is différent.I believe in this team and his project.
"I have spoken With the coach and I have his confident (sic) and he have mine. I am lucky to play and live to Swansea.
"Everybody are very Kind and helpful With me. I'll do all my best to help the team 2 catch his goal.To all Swans fans i am jack!"
Gomis raised doubts of his future in an interview he gave to French television on January 18, accusing Swansea of reneging on promises they made to him when he signed from Lyon on a free transfer last summer.
The 29-year-old said he had grown frustrated over his lack of game-time and said he had been promised he would play alongside Bony rather than be second fiddle to the Ivorian.
"When Bony was here, it was expected that I would also play in a certain number of games, but that was not the case," Gomis told Canal Plus.
"At my age, it is difficult to spend my time sitting on the bench. Me leaving? It is possible."
But Swansea manager Garry Monk had insisted Gomis would not be sold in this transfer window after the initial £25million departure of Bony left him short of attacking options.
Monk brought in Benfica striker Nelson Oliveira on loan at the start of January but Gomis is the only other recognised centre-forward at the club.
"I'm confident Bafe will stay here," Monk said last week.
"I understand from a player's perspective how he's been frustrated.
"He's not a young player who's up and coming, he has pedigree as he's a top performer who's performed his whole career.
"But it's his shirt to lose now and it's proved in the past that strikers who have come in and done well for Swansea obviously create a lot of interest in themselves and go on to bigger and better things."