Darron Gibson fallout timeline
* October 2008: Trapattoni puts Gibson straight into his side for the World Cup qualifier with Cyprus after he impresses in a 'B' international.
* February 2011: Gibson is not impressed when the Italian says he should leave Manchester United and seek regular first-team football elsewhere.
* June 2012: After moving to Everton and becoming a regular, Gibson doesn't play at the Euros and is angered when Paul Green is introduced in defeat to Spain; he walks down the tunnel before the game ends.
* August 2012: Gibson tells Trapattoni that he is still unhappy at his treatment at the Euros and refuses a call for a friendly in Serbia. He does not speak to the Italian again.
* February 2013: A red herring when the Irish boss suggests that Gibson might return when he recovers from an injury; the player still has no intention of returning to play for Trapattoni.
* September 2013: Trapattoni parts company with the FAI after a disastrous return of zero points from key games with Sweden and Austria. Gibson makes it clear he is willing to come straight back.