Wednesday 21 February 2018

Injured Dortmund defender Marc Bartra posts positive update following suspected terror attack

Jack O'Toole

Borussia Dortmund defender Marc Bartra has said that he's doing "much better" after going to hospital following explosions around the Dortmund team bus before their Champions League quarter-final clash with Monaco on Tuesday.

The game between Monaco and Dortmund was subsequently postponed on Tuesday and rescheduled for this evening in light of the explosions, while Bartra, the only Dortmund player to require a hospital visit following the incident, is now reportedly doing well after sustaining injuries to his right arm from the blast.

"Hello everybody! As you can see I am doing much better," Bartra wrote on his Instagram on Wednesday.

"Thank you everybody for all your support and your messages! All my strength to my team mates, supporters and fans and to @bvb09 for tonight's match! #HejaBVB"

Earlier on Wednesday Borussia Dortmund Sporting Director Michael Zorc said that he paid Bartra a visit in hospital and that the 26-year-old Spaniard is doing well.

"Given the circumstances, he is doing well," Zorc told the club's website.

"Bartra has been absolutely delighted and visibly moved that so many team-mates and club officials have paid him a visit since yesterday. He will be watching tonight's match on television and has his fingers crossed for the team."

Dortmund will take on Monaco from 17:45 today at the same location as originally scheduled - Dortmund's famed Westfalenstadion.

Online Editors

Promoted Links

Sport Newsletter

The best sport action straight to your inbox every morning.

Promoted Links

Editor's Choice

Also in Sport