Baggies may act on Berahino remarks
Saido Berahino faces being disciplined by West Brom - but has not been put up for sale.
The striker is in trouble after giving an unauthorised interview to Sky Sports News this week where he said he hoped to move "on to bigger things" if he helped the Baggies beat the drop.
Albion put contract talks on hold with the 14-goal top scorer late last year but have not transfer listed the hitman after his interview - although he faces the threat of disciplinary action - Press Association Sport understands.
Berahino pleaded guilty to drink-driving in January and was banned from driving for 12 months after being stopped on the M6 in October.
Despite this, boss Tony Pulis has praised Berahino's attitude since the head coach arrived at the club last month and is likely to address the 21-year-old's situation again at his press conference on Friday afternoon.
The Baggies go to Burnley on Sunday in the Barclays Premier League, three points above the relegation zone.
But it remains to be seen whether Berahino will be included for the trip to Turf Moor.
Berahino told Sky Sports News HQ: "I've got to stay focused on what I'm doing right now, which is scoring the goals and keeping West Brom in the Premier League.
"If I can keep them in the Premier League and score as many goals as I can, I'm pretty sure the fans wouldn't mind me pushing on and going on to bigger things."