Anelka to pen new Blues deal
Striker Nicolas Anelka is on the brink of signing a new contract extension at Chelsea.
The France international is expected to commit himself to the Blues for a further two years.
Anelka's agent, Doug Pingisi, has revealed that discussions are taking place and that the outcome looks positive.
"We are still in talks [about a new deal] and hopefully we will have news soon," Pingisi told Sky Sports.
"He is happy at Chelsea and of course he wants to stay at Chelsea."
Anelka played a major part in Chelsea's double-winning season under Carlo Ancelotti.
The Italian coach, along with several players, have always remained confident that Anelka would re-sign.
Meanwhile the club's England midfielder Frank Lampard believes their defeat to Inter Milan in the Champions League spurred the Blues on to win the double.
"Looking back at that moment, it is probably one of those negatives you turn into a positive," said Lampard.
"Maybe if we hadn't lost that game we wouldn't have gone on to win the league.
"And we set the bench mark doing it. We won the league and having not done it for three years now we want to go away, come back and do it again."
Lampard also heaped praise on Ancelotti for delivering the double in his first season in England.
Although he was overlooked for 'Manager of the Year', Lampard insists he is up there with the very best.
"People always say Chelsea is a great squad with great players and they expect us to do well," said Lampard.
"That's why the likes of Harry Redknapp win Manager of the Year because people don't quite expect them to do so well but you can't take anything away from Ancelotti what he has done.
"He's up there with the best of the year. He has come here, to a foreign country, he came virtually alone, with only one person from Italy and he has done all this.
"You have to hold your hands up and say it's a success and a job well done. No one can question what we've done this year.
"You want to embrace what you have done at the club and you want to start again.
"The players have to come back with the same mentality, want to win again, and that's what separates the great teams from the good teams."
Portsmouth's Ghana midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng has apologised for the tackle that ruled Germany captain and Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack out the World Cup.
Boateng's crude challenge in the first-half of the FA Cup final on Saturday left Ballack with ankle ligament damage.
Boateng, who could be in the Ghana side to face Germany in Group D in South Africa on June 23, insists he never meant to hurt Ballack.
"I am sorry. It was not intentional. I just came in too late and made full contact," he told Sport Bild online.
"It looks pretty stupid."
Ballack is not expected to be able to train for eight weeks and German fans had already vented their fury at Boateng's tackle on a myriad of websites.
The 23-year-old Berlin-born midfielder, who has also played for Tottenham, will take part in the World Cup playing for Ghana while his half-brother Jerome is in the preliminary Germany squad for the tournament which takes places between 11 June and 11 July.