Noel McNamara makes five changes as Ireland U20 prepare for Scotland test
Ireland U20 have made five changes to their team to face Scotland in a game they must win to avoid a relegation dogfight.
If Noel McNamara's side are defeated tomorrow afternoon, they will face Japan or Georgia, with the loser relegated from the World Championship in 2019.
McNamara has opted for a quintet of changes to avoid this scenario, with speedster Michael Silvester returning at fullback while Harry Byrne replaces Conor Dean at out-half.
In the pack, Joe Byrne makes his first start at tighthead prop while Joe Dunleavy and Matthew Agnew return to the back row.
Ireland vs Georgia kicks off at 4pm.
15. Michael Silvester (Dublin University/Leinster)
14. James Hume (Banbridge/Ulster)
13. Sean O'Brien (Clontarf/Leinster)
12. Peter Sylvester (UCC/Munster)
11. Tommy O'Brien (UCD/Leinster)
10. Harry Byrne (UCD/Leinster)
9. Hugh O'Sullivan (Clontarf/Leinster)
1. Jordan Duggan (Naas/Leinster)
2. Diarmuid Barron (Garryowen/Munster)
3. Joe Byrne (Dublin University/Leinster)
4. Matthew Dalton (Malone/Ulster)
5. Jack Dunne (Dublin University/Leinster)
6. Joe Dunleavy (Malone/Ulster)
7. Matthew Agnew (Ballymena/Ulster)
8. Caelan Doris (St. Mary's College/Leinster) (capt)
16. Dan Sheehan (Dublin University/Leinster)
17. Bryan O'Connor (UCC/Munster)
18. Jakub Wojtkowicz (Sligo/Connacht)
19. Charlie Ryan (UCD/Leinster)
20. Jack Daly (Garryowen/Munster)
21. Jonny Stewart (Queen's University/Ulster)
22. Conor Dean (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
23. Tom Roche (Lansdowne/Leinster)
Independent.ie's World Rugby U-20s Championship coverage is in association with PwC.