Take 20: 'I could have been one of those fellas on top of the phone box'
1. Pre-match meal? I don't like to eat much before I play in a match. I definitely don't want to have a full stomach out there. But I would get a little bit of food in to keep me going. I would usually go for some sweet potatoes, beans, chicken and vegetables. And for some the extra sugar I would have some ice-cream after that as well. It's the usual stuff that most of the lads eat.
2. Favourite player growing up?
It would have be players who played in my position. Someone like Tana Umaga who was an All Black legend. Or Ma'a Nonu, who we saw playing for Toulon in Thomond Park last weekend.
3. Best away day room-mate and why?
Last year when Francis Saili was here, we used to go and get some late-night treats the night before we would play an away game. We would normally go for the likes of chocolate and fizzy drinks because we knew that we would be able to burn it off the next day playing.
4. Who would headline your house party?
If he was a DJ I would say Conor McGregor obviously.
5. First song they would play?
Notorious BIG's song 'Hypnotize' or maybe a bit of 50 Cent, his song 'Get Money' is a good one.
6. You win the Lotto, what is the first thing you would buy?
I would head down to the shop to buy another Lotto ticket I suppose.
7. Favourite movie?
My favourite movie is 'Gladiator'. I always liked Russell Crowe in any film, but especially that one.
8. Favourite TV show and why?
'Friends'. I love every character in the show, and I am always laughing out loud watching it. My housemate Dave Kilcoyne would come in wondering what the hell is going on. But I just love watching it.
9. Earliest rugby memory growing up?
Being a little super-sub that never actually got on for my brother's underage team when I was only about five.
10. Who is the joker in the dressing room?
There are a few jokers I would say, some are good though and some bad. Ever since Duncan Casey left for France, Mike Sherry has taken up the title. There is a lot of jokers.
11. Favourite holiday destination and why?
Dubai is the best one. It was an incredibly cool place to go and see, and experience all of those buildings that I have never seen before. It was just good to see a place like that.
12. Favourite away ground to play at?
Kingspan Stadium in Ulster. There is always such a cracking atmosphere up there. And I thrive on that when I'm playing.
13. Three people (dead or alive) who you would invite to your dinner party?
Conor McGregor, Muhammad Ali and Cristiano Ronaldo.
14. Most memorable moment in rugby?
Being on O'Connell Street when Munster won the Heineken Cup. Being there as a young fella was huge and it was great to see the lads win it. I always wanted to be a part of something like that then some day. I could have been one of those fellas on top of the phone box.
15. Do you have any pre-match superstitions/rituals?
I have them sometimes but they changed recently. I am not throwing my socks on before my shorts or anything like that. I just like to keep it simple in my preparations and it works out well for me.
16. Who is the best player you have played alongside and why?
It would have to be Keith Earls. Just for his experience and knowledge of the game.
17. Who is the best player you have played against and why?
Jonathan Davies. Just because he has been a British & Irish Lion and has been one of the best centres in Europe for that amount of years. He played against me for my first Munster cap against Scarlets.
18. Can you tell us one interesting fact about yourself?
I am studying French.
19. Name three things that are always in your fridge?
Peppers, mushrooms and onions. I like to have all the veg there for dinner.
20. Best advice you have ever got?
Keep my discipline and a cool head at all times. My next door neighbour Paul Murray gave me that piece of advice. He would have been somebody I used to look up to when I was younger a lot. He actually used to work with Munster as well.