'I used to skateboard when I was younger but I broke a few bones'
Take 20: Conor Oliver
1. What's your pre-training routine?
I always stretch to make sure the body is loose enough to prevent injury going into training.
Please log in or register with Independent.ie for free access to this article.
2. You're in charge of the after-match tunes, what goes on first?
Drake, to try and keep everyone happy. I am young so I don't know much of the older stuff, that's my excuse.
3. Imagine a world where you're not a rugby player - what's your job?
Pilot. I am not able to fly yet but I am starting lessons after the summer. I was chatting to Darren Sweetnam about it, he enjoys it. I said I would give it a crack.
4. Stranded on a desert island, what three things do you take?
I would take my dog, water and my phone.
International Rugby Newsletter
5. Which team-mate would you want with you and why?
Probably Jeremy Loughman. He has plenty of meat if it came down to having to eat him in the end.
6. What's your favourite Instagram page you follow and why?
Probably National Geographic. I would be interested in nature and stuff like that. They post some cool pictures.
7 What do you do when not training or playing a match?
If it is nice out I go swimming somewhere like Lahinch or Killaloe. If it's raining I would probably play the PlayStation. Fortnite is the go-to game.
8. What's your first sporting memory as a player or spectator?
Probably taking part in the community games when I was younger. All of the track and field stuff when I was in school. That is the first thing I can remember with regards to sports in my primary school in Skerries.
9. You have one moment from your career to do over. What is it?
I would say not to get injured two years ago. I dislocated my shoulder that time. I had to get a reconstruction on it. If only I had pulled out of that training session.
10. What rugby skill would you most like to possess?
Kicking off a tee. I can to do it but I am not exactly good.
11. Favourite song lyric?
Something from Drake, there's lots to choose from.
12. What current player in your position do you most admire?
Probably Hamish Watson at the moment, the Scottish No 7. He has been excellent this year. I never really watched him before then.
13. What former coach has had the biggest effect on your game and why?
Skerries Rugby Club in general. That is where I learned everything from being a mini player up. I moved school in sixth year and I had all of the basics down from just playing rugby with Skerries. No coach really stood out there because I had so many of them. It was more the structure than anything else.
14. What was your first car?
My first car was a black 2005 Ford Fiesta.
15. What sporting event makes your bucket list?
I like the X Games. I like extreme sports. I like skateboarding, motorcross, all that sort of stuff. I used to skateboard when I was younger but I broke a few bones in my feet. I had to choose between that and rugby when I was 16. Rugby seemed more of a sensible option.
16. One minute to go in the Champions Cup final, your team is four points down back on your own line. What do you do?
Keep the ball anyway because you can hold on for as long as you want. Then work it out wide to the fast lads and hope to create some magic.
17. What was the last concert you went to?
I went to Drake in the 3Arena.
18. Tell us something interesting about yourself.
I used to skateboard and I like extreme sports. I like to surf in Lahinch now as well.
19. What's your best memory playing rugby for Munster?
Probably the first try I scored in Thomond Park. It was my second or third cap about two years ago.
20. Who'll win the 2019 Guinness PRO14, Champions Cup and Rugby World Cup?
Munster in the PRO14. Saracens are going to win the European Cup, and Ireland will win the World Cup