'I am a keen fisherman and have caught a bass'
Take 20: Stephen Archer
1. Pre-match meal?
I keep it simple and have something like chicken breast, mashed potato and beans.
2. Favourite player growing up?
Brian O'Driscoll. We didn't exactly end up in the same positions, but we are actually distant cousins.
3. Best away day room-mate and why?
My best away-day roommate would have to be Peter O'Mahony after spending two weeks in South Africa with him when we were on tour. He is reasonably neat and tidy, which is ideal. And he isn't as grumpy as he comes across on the pitch.
4. Who would headline your house party?
5. First song they would play?
They would play 'In Time.'
6. You win the Lotto, what is the first thing you would buy?
I'd probably buy a super yacht and cruise down somewhere in the Mediterranean with a few family members.
7. Favourite movie?
Gladiator. Russell Crowe is great in it.
8. What's your favourite TV show and why?
Game of Thrones. It's a very addictive show. There are lots of different plots and characters, so much going on. It's really political in a way too.
9. Earliest rugby memory growing up?
Winning a blitz with the Cork Con U-10s. Funnily enough our star player back then was former Leinster, Ireland international and British & Irish Lion, Luke Fitzgerald. He lived in Cork for a while and played with us back then. He was class for us.
10. Who is the joker in the dressing room?
Mike Sherry and Dave Kilcoyne. But if you are going to talk about the best ones there has to be a special mention for the worst ones too. Alex Wootton is definitely the standout there. Whatever about me, he has a terrible sense of humour.
11. Favourite holiday destination and why?
Portugal, of course. They have lovely weather and some great golf courses too. I have actually booked a week in Portugal for the summer myself, I can't wait to get over there. Hopefully I might have some silverware to celebrate in the meantime.
12. Favourite away ground to play at?
Welford Road, which is home to Aviva Premiership side Leicester Tigers. They have the worst dressing rooms for the away teams, which adds to it I suppose. But once you get out onto the pitch the atmosphere is great for every game you play there. And of course, playing for Munster we have some great rugby memories in that stadium. It was always a fierce rivalry between the two clubs.
13. Three people (dead or alive) who you would invite to your dinner party?
Jimmy Carr, David Attenborough and Tiger Woods. A bit of everything really.
14. Most memorable moment in rugby?
My most memorable moment about the game would be when Munster finally won the Heineken Cup for the first time in 2006. It was such a breakthrough moment after years of those guys knocking on the door. I was over there at that match too.
15. Do you have any pre-match superstitions/rituals?
I don't have any pre-match superstitions really. I wouldn't go out to the pitch early or anything like that. I just keep things simple. I want to be comfortable and relaxed before the big games, before any game.
16. Who is the best player you have played alongside and why?
That's definitely Paul O'Connell. He was world class in his position, and he was a brilliant leader on and off the pitch. He was the best around and it was great for Munster, Ireland and the Lions to have had that at their disposal.
17. Who is the best player you have played against and why?
Playing against Keith Earls when he played for Munchin's in school. He was just faster, stronger and better than everyone. The same as now really, apart from the strength.
18. Can you tell us one interesting fact about yourself?
I am a keen fisherman and have caught a bass.
19. Name three things that are always in your fridge?
Eggs, milk and yogurt.
20. Best advice you have ever got?
Enjoy the good days.