Cloete wants to see 'positive' response to Saracens loss
Experienced Munster flanker Chris Cloete admits it won't be easy to get over their Heineken Champions Cup loss to Saracens and turn their attentions to hosting Connacht this weekend.
But the 28-year-old South African says they have no choice but to pick themselves up and focus on trying to get their hands on silverware for the first time in eight seasons.
"I don't think it's easy to just get over a loss like that. You work so hard throughout the whole year to get to a semi-final.
"I think the guys have to make a quick switch. they're not in today, come tomorrow it has to be positive and we'll go from there. We still have some silverware up for grabs at the end of the season," said the East London native, who travelled as one of two back-up players at the weekend.
He missed the business end of his first season at Munster last year after fracturing a forearm but he is looking forward to playing his part as they switch their focus to winning the PRO14.
They have an outside chance of claiming the direct home semi-final spot but not only do they need to defeat Connacht on Saturday they also need Edinburgh to turn over Glasgow in a Scottish derby.
"Definitely we need to get our five points this weekend. Other teams need to do us some favours and then we'll get a home semi-final or a quarter-final and we'll go from there," Cloete said.
"I've watched Connacht. They have played really well this season. They beat Ulster home and away and they are really playing well at the moment.
"The PRO14 is always hard so I think it should be a cracker of a game," added Cloete, who has extended his contract with the province last October until the summer of 2022.