On the day their path to yet more European glory was laid out in black and white, Leinster announced a whopping 28 contract extensions.
n a period of deep financial uncertainty, this was a show of muscle from the PRO14 champions.
Almost all of those contracts were agreed before the pandemic hit, and chief executive Mick Dawson last night said that, while 2020/'21 would be a difficult season financially the real ramifications of the shutdown may not hit until the '21/'22 campaign.
Still, despite the prospect of losing up around €8m due to the coronavirus shutdown, the province have been able to extend deals for long-serving backs Rob Kearney and Fergus McFadden until the completion of this season.
If Leinster beat Saracens at the Aviva Stadium on the weekend of September 18 and win their Heineken Champions Cup semi-final a week later, then the duo will still be involved when the final takes place, after the 2020/'21 Guinness PRO14 season gets under way on October 17.
That game is still planned for Marseille, but tournament organisers EPCR are keeping an open mind in case it does not make sense to hold the match in France. For those who have bought tickets, a decision on refunds will be made closer to the time as organisers await the latest public health advice.
Leinster have already made a decision on that front, opting not to sell season tickets for 2020/'21 - instead offering a membership scheme to supporters.
Dawson appeared alongside Leo Cullen on a call with season-ticket holders last night and admitted that the province could continue to use the Aviva Stadium as their home ground if crowds are admitted to stadiums while social distancing remains in place.
If the two-metre social distancing rule is still being applied, then the capacity of the Aviva will be 8,400, but that would rise to 18,200 with one metre which almost brings the province back to their RDS level.
Leinster do have contractual obligations to the RDS with whom they have a long-term plan to redevelop the Anglesea Stand.
Despite the Government allowing crowds of up to 500 people from July, Dawson expects rugby's first matches back on August 22 and 29 will go ahead behind closed doors, but he hopes to be able to admit fans by the time Saracens arrive at Lansdowne Road.
"We have an agreement with the RDS to play so many matches a year in the RDS, the RDS has been very good to us and it's been good for the RDS as well," Dawson said.
"In these particular circumstances it makes sense in the initial stages to go to the Aviva. There's a good chance we could play five matches in a row in the Aviva at the start of the year.
"From a health and safety point of view, it's easier to lock down. It's a better option at the start of the season.
"As the season goes on, if we do get crowds back in, we will have to make a decision as to whether we will stay in the RDS or go to the Aviva.
"It is an option. We have a contract with the RDS. We would have to work through these things, we've opened those discussions.
"If we can't get full crowds into the RDS, how do we maximise return, is going to the Aviva better?"
Regarding the redevelopment of the Anglesea Stand at the RDS, Dawson said the plan is to proceed, but the scale of the project could be cut back.
"The Government awarded the RDS and Leinster a provisional allocation of €10m recently, we also have a naming-rights partner. There's a big capital injection coming from Laya," he said. "The Government will have to do due diligence, everything was in line to start pretty quickly.
"Leinster are not committing any capital to the project, our part would be signing a 20-year lease which would give them income through that period.
"I don't think you've to be a rocket scientist to work out that the RDS model of holding events has fallen off a cliff, I would say capital expenditure is not first thing on their agenda at the moment.
"Having said that, I spoke to them earlier in the week and they have said they are 100 per cent committed to redeveloping the Anglesea Stand. Those of us that know the Anglesea Stand would agree its time has come.
"The question now is with the government money and the Laya money, how much capital can the RDS pay to put into the project and how much can they borrow?
"They've a board meeting in early July and we'll also be looking at Plan B, which is to knock the Anglesea Stand and probably build a not-so-elaborate stand with similar seating requirements.
"It's a question of whether it's Plan A or B and what the RDS can afford."