'George Gregan was the best in my eyes. Pretty flawless as a player'
Take 20: Luke McGrath
1. What boots do you wear?
2. What's your pre-training routine?
Nothing too hectic but I suppose I look after my stretching and make sure all that is in order.
3. You're in charge of the after-match tunes, what goes on first?
'Shawn's Plan' - Drake
4. Imagine a world that you're not a rugby player - what's your job?
With the week that's in it, a professional golfer!
5. Stranded on a desert island, what three things do you take?
An Apple TV, Margot Robbie and a life supply of ham sandwiches. That would keep me going!
6. Which team-mate would you want with you on the island and why?
Fergus McFadden - he tells a great story!
7. What was your favourite book as a child?
I can't actually remember which one but it was one of the Roddy Doyle books.
8. What's your first sporting memory as a player or spectator and what do you remember from it?
I remember watching Keith Wood score for Ireland against England in Lansdowne Road in 2001.
9. You have one moment from your career to do over. What is it?
The first 20 minutes against Clermont in the Champions Cup semi-final two seasons ago now. We just had such a poor start and when you see how well we came back into the game in the second half, it would have been great to have played that team again!
10. What rugby skill would you most like to possess?
Dev Toner's height.
11. Favourite boxset/TV series?
'Game of Thrones'.
12. What current player in your position do you most admire?
George Gregan - I know he is now retired from playing but he was just the best in my eyes. Pretty flawless as a player.
13. Who has been the biggest influence on your rugby career and why?
My dad. Ultimately, it was he who brought me down to Old Belvedere when I was eight years of age. Who knows what might have happened had I not gone.
14 What was your first car?
A Toyota Yaris.
15. What sporting event makes your bucket list and why?
The Ryder Cup - just to see a rejuvenated Tiger Woods!
16. One minute to go in the Champions Cup final, you're three points down and you have a penalty in front of the posts… what do you do?
Take your three-pointers and go again.
17. What was the last concert you went to?
18. Tell us something interesting about yourself.
I was born in Canada!
19. What's your own best memory playing rugby?
Winning the double last year is my own best memory playing. Brilliant togetherness and a will to play for each other. It's pretty simple process of doing that.
20. Who'll win the Gallagher Premiership in England and the Top 14 in France? Exeter and Racing 92
Coming Soon: Independent.ie's new GAA newsletter. Sign up here