The Joe Schmidt years: How former teacher turned from best-in-class to man relying on old war dogs
It is the morning after the night before and most folks on this bus are tired. Certainly the hacks are. The vehicle in question has been hired by Celtic Rugby to take a gaggle of reporters and team management back to Cardiff Airport after the official launch of what was then the Magners League.
- Eamonn Sweeney: 'Ireland's year from hell might be the most dramatic decline in Irish sporting history'
- Neil Francis: 'A moment in the 67th minute summed this disaster up - Ireland were out-fought and out-thought'
- Declan Lynch: 'That little bit of Mick McCarthy that's in all of us'
- Tommy Conlon: 'We've gone from collectively relentless to hoping for a puncher's knockout'
- Coach struggles to explain decline and fall of error-prone side