'My dad was the first person I played with, he showed me how to play'
Take 20: Eoghan Masterson
1. What boots do you wear and why?
I either wear Adidas Karaki or Mizuno Neo. They are the lightest eight-studded forward boot around.
2. What's your pre-training routine?
I've been in the injured Return To Play group for the last eight weeks so my sessions usually start at 8am. I try to get a good breakfast in and go from there.
3. You're in charge of the after-match tunes, what goes on first?
Daft Punk, 'One more time'.
4. Imagine a world where you're not a rugby player - what's your job?
I've been doing a small bit of coaching with Galwegians underage squads the last couple of years and I've really enjoyed it. I think if I wasn't playing rugby I would like to coach it.
5. Stranded on a desert island, what three things do you take?
A boat to be able to get off the stranded island, enough fuel so we don't get stranded at sea and suncream.
6. Which team-mate would you want with you and why?
Darragh Leader. He's used to driving boats and fixing them when they break down.
7. What was your favourite book as a child?
I read all of the Alex Rider books by Anthony Horowitz.
8. What's your first sporting memory as a player or spectator?
My first training session in Portlaoise RFC when I was 5 years of age.
9. You have one moment from your career to do over. What is it?
To be fit and available for selection for the PRO12 final in 2016.
10. What rugby skill would you most like to possess?
To be as fast at Niyi Adeolokun.
11. Favourite song lyric?
"I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22" - Taylor Swift '22'
12. What current player in your position do you most admire?
Kieran Read. He's such a well-rounded back-row player.
13. What former coach has had the biggest effect on your game and why?
I would say my dad. He was the first person I ever played rugby with and he showed me how to play the game.
14. What was your first car?
A 2000 Toyota Yaris. It's still going strong and never caused any issues whatsoever. It's on Done Deal now if anyone wants a reliable and affordable car.
15. What sporting event makes your bucket list?
The 100m final of the Olympics.
16. One minute to go in the Champions Cup final, your team are four points down back on your own line. What do you do?
Chip the ball and gather it, step up the scrum half, hand off the full-back and go the length.
17. What was the last concert you went to?
Two Door Cinema Club at Electric Picnic a few years ago.
18. Tell us something interesting about yourself.
Myself and Ultan Dillane won a Masterchef competition twice. Once in the academy and once with the pro squad.
19. What's your best memory playing rugby for your team?
My first game back after being injured for a year was a great feeling.
20. Who'll win the 2019 PRO14, Champions Cup and Rugby World Cup?
Connacht, Racing 92 and Ireland.