'I still must get my driving licence, but I'd love to cruise around in a smart car'
Take 20: Conan O'Donnell
1. What boots do you wear and why?
Asics are my favourite. I've tried others but nothing else suits me.
2. What's your pre-training routine?
I usually have a nap around lunch time for 20 minutes or so before if we have an afternoon session. Apart from that I don't do anything out of the ordinary.
3. You're in charge of the after-match tunes, what goes on first?
I have an awful taste in music, I've been told! I'm into old classics and groovy music! None of the new stuff.
4. Imagine a world that you're not a rugby player - what's your job?
I haven't really thought of doing anything else growing up, but I've a commerce degree now so maybe something in advertising.
5. Stranded on a desert island, what three things do you take?
A knife, Wilson and water.
6. Which team-mate would you want with you and why?
Kyle Godwin, he's into spearfishing and could get us food. James Cannon, he's tall and could reach stuff from trees for us and Robin Copeland because he would definitely make us laugh.
7. What was your favourite book as a child?
8. What's your first sporting memory as a player or spectator?
As a spectator the one that comes to mind most is my brother's U-14 championship football final, where they lost by a point to a last-second goal to our local rivals.
9. You have one moment from your career to do over. What is it?
I'm happy with how things have gone. It wouldn't be wise to change the disappointments because you learn more from mistakes.
10. What rugby skill would you most like to possess?
11. Favourite song lyric?
'Clowns to the left of me and jokers to the right'
12. What current player in your position do you most admire?
Honestly, I can't think of one. I don't watch much rugby outside of my own game.
13. What former coach has had the biggest effect on your game and why?
John Davey still rings me on a weekly basis to this day.
14. What was your first car?
I walk to training every day. I did my theory test two days after we won the PRO12 and I still have to get my licence, but would love to cruise around Galway in a smart car.
15. What sporting event makes your bucket list?
16. One minute to go in the Champions Cup final, your team is four points down back on your own line. What do you do?
Hold on to it and send it through the forwards for as many phases as possible until we score, I probably wouldn't be able to even celebrate after work like that.
17. What was the last concert you went to?
18. Tell us something interesting about yourself.
I bought a ukulele three weeks ago (my hands are too small to play the guitar).
19. What's your best memory playing rugby for your team?
Watching Connacht win the PRO12 and seeing how much it meant to lads like 'Mull', 'Locks' and 'Brownie' after years of playing for Connacht.
20. Who'll win the 2019 PRO14, Champions Cup and Rugby World Cup?
Connacht, Racing 92 and Ireland.
Who is your sportstar of the year?
Vote in the Irish Independent Sport Star Awards and you could win the ultimate sports prize.
Prizes include, a trip to Old Trafford to watch Man United take on Liverpool in the Premier League, tickets to Ireland's home games in the Six Nations, All Ireland football and hurling final tickets and much more.