'Caolin Blade is part of that non-snorer group, which is always valuable in a room-mate'
1. Pre-match meal?
I love pancakes and they are usually on the menu for away games so it has become a bit of a ritual for me. It's a pretty light meal, but it still gives you the energy boost required.
2: Favourite player growing up?
Brian O'Driscoll was a phenomenal player. Being a back-row player I can't exactly claim to model myself on him but I always loved watching him and playing against him. I watched guys like Richie McCaw and a few others in the back-row, but O'Driscoll was a class act.
3. Best away day room-mate and why?
Caolin Blade, because he always offers you the double bed if there is only one! He's also part of that valuable non-snorer group, which is always a help.
4. Who would headline your houseparty?
Coldplay is my favourite band so I would love to have them.
5. First song they would play?
'Yellow'. A chilled-out tune that I have in most of my playlists.
6. You win the Lotto, what's the first thing you would buy?
A house in San Diego. I love visiting the US and I think it would be a really cool place to live. Maybe a private jet to get there too would be handy.
7. Favourite movie?
'Gladiator' is a brilliant movie with a great cast.
8. Favourite TV show and why?
I love Entourage. They live a really cool life that I think I would love.
9. Earliest rugby memory growing up?
I remember going to watch Galwegians play when I was young. I then went on to graduate up through the ranks there so those early experiences shaped my future career.
10. Who is the joker in the dressing room?
JP Cooney is a complete joker and gets on well with everyone.
11. Favourite holiday destination and why?
California for the weather and the beaches. I've been to the States a few times and you never grow tired of it. Every time you go there you find a different activity to keep you busy.
12. Favourite away ground to play at?
Stade Marcel-Deflandre, the home ground of La Rochelle. It has a capacity of about 15,000 and has an unbelievable atmosphere. The three away grounds that we play at in Ireland are all pretty lively too, but there is something special about La Rochelle.
13. Three people (dead or alive) who you would invite to your dinner party?
Elon Musk the Canadian-American business man. Emily Ratajowski model and actress and JP Morgan the American financier and banker. It'd be a good blend of business and entertainment talk.
14. Most memorable moment in rugby?
Winning the PRO12 in 2016 was an incredible experience. To get across the line after the season we had had and the work we put in as a squad was some achievement.
15. Do you have any pre-match superstitions/rituals?
Not really. I'm not superstitious but I try to stay away from coffee early in the morning so I can sleep in the afternoon before a late kick-off. There is nothing like forty winks to get you ready for a game.
16. Who is the best player you have played alongside and why?
Bundee Aki, because he always has game-winning moments and can change the course of a game with one pass or moment of class.
17. Who is the best player you have played against and why?
Brian O'Driscoll, he was always a top player and a fierce competitor. I had great respect for him but still loved to play against him and challenge myself against the best.
18. Can you tell us an interesting fact about yourself?
I used to play off a handicap of five in golf. I don't have as much time for golf since rugby took over but get to play occasionally. I reckon my handicap has slipped a touch at this stage though.
19. Name three things that are always in your fridge?
Milk, cheese and yoghurt. I love my dairy.
20. Best advice you ever got?
If you don't ask the answer is always no.