'The bad blood is there so let's fight' - Paulie Malignaggi wants to fight Conor McGregor
Former WBA Welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi has said that he now wants a fight with UFC Lightweight champion Conor McGregor after his professional boxing debut with Floyd Mayweather Jr. later this month.
Malignaggi sparred twice with McGregor last month but abruptly quit the Dubliner's camp after photos were leaked that showed him under pressure on the ropes and lying on the canvas during one of the sparring sessions.
Malignaggi said that McGregor was a 'scumbag' and a 'd**khead' for allowing the photos to be released, while adding that the MMA fighter "whimpered like a girl" when he received punches to the body.
However, now the 36-year-old wants to fight the UFC star as long as his boxing debut with Mayweather 'doesn't look like dogs**t'.
"It's picked up a ton of momentum, the bad blood is there so let's fight," he said during an in-depth interview on The MMA Hour on Monday.
"We'll need to see how he looks against Mayweather. If he looks dog s***, no one will want to see us fight.
"As long as he doesn't get the living s*** beaten out of him, I think the demand is there to make the fight."
Malignaggi added that he was forced to leave McGregor's camp after the photos were leaked and that he also felt that he was used as a pawn by McGregor's camp to further his credibility ahead of his August 26 debut with Mayweather.
"I showed up with the best intentions in camp, but at a certain point you realise that you are being used as a pawn where somebody is trying to get ahead at your expense and not through your help," added Malignaggi.
"I had no choice but to leave. If I never see him or speak to him for the rest of my life, it's cool."