US President Donald Trump invited to Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor fight
United States President Donald Trump has been invited to Conor McGregor's professional boxing debut against Floyd Mayweather Jr. later this month.
UFC Lightweight champion McGregor will take on Mayweather at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on August 26th, and Trump, who attended Mayweather's record-breaking fight against Manny Pacquiao in 2015, has been invited to the undefeated boxer's 50th professional fight.
"I haven't personally invited the president, but I am told an invitation is out there," Mayweather's business advisor, Leonard Ellerbe said on Thursday.
"Whether he comes or not we are going to have a great event."
The 45th President of the United States is currently locked, and indeed loaded, in rising tensions with North Korea since the East Asian country tested two intercontinental ballistic missiles in July.
But assuming he takes a break from the rhetorical brinkmanship with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, Trump has close ties to UFC president Dana White, with White speaking at the Republican National Convention last year during Trump's campaign run.
"Every A-lister wants to be involved in this fight," Ellerbe added. "There is tremendous interest from all kind of people."