TIPPERARY senior hurling boss Declan Ryan has confirmed that former Hurler of the Year Lar Corbett will be part of his 26-man match-day squad for the Munster SHC semi-final against Cork on Sunday week, June 24.
Corbett's return for the Pairc Ui Chaoimh showdown will mark the first competitive appearance for the Thurles Sarsfields forward in a Tipperary shirt since last September's All-Ireland final against Kilkenny.
Corbett (31) made his return to the Tipperary team in a recent challenge outing against Galway, but missed all of the Premier County's National Hurling League matches having shocked the hurling world by quitting the squad last February.
Corbett, Hurler of the Year in 2010, acted as water carrier for the Tipperary team in their Munster SHC quarter-final against Limerick last month, having returned to the panel less than a fortnight before.
When asked yesterday at a press gathering if Corbett will make the 26-man squad to take on the Rebels, Ryan responded: "I'd say that'd be safe to assume, yeah."
And Ryan admitted that the return of Corbett has come as a massive boost to the squad.
He said: "It's fantastic to see Lar back. I don't think he was ever gone too far to be honest.
"He's been adding a lot to the squad since he came back and, hopefully, we'll see him in action in the near future."
Ryan added: "I never lost hope that he wouldn't come back, just delighted that he's made a decision to come back now and he's very fresh looking -- he's in good shape. He's been putting in a big effort in training and it's good to have him around the squad."
Ryan also confirmed that he has no fresh injury concerns as Tipperary look to avenge their 10-point defeat at the same venue two years ago.
He said: "No, they've all come through the club fixtures thankfully at the weekend. There's a couple of little niggles, but nothing that's going to keep anyone out of the equation."