Harte waiting on 'invitation' from Tyrone to discuss future
Outgoing Tyrone manager Mickey Harte says he doesn't know whether he is "surprised or disappointed" that the county board haven't been in touch to discuss his future.
Speaking to local Tyrone GAA website teamtalk.com last night, Harte, who has no agreement in place for 2016, said he had already met with the players on Wednesday night to review the season and plan for the future. But so far there has been no contact with the board.
"I don't know if I am surprised or disappointed. But it will be nice to have that invitation for sure," he said. "I have worked hard at this.
"I have always put my heart and soul into it. I appreciate every one of those years that I got to do that and I certainly would appreciate some more years. My mind is already on 2016."
Harte claimed that the yellow card shown to Padraig McNulty in the defeat to Kerry for allegedly feigning injury when he had a potential penalty claim was evidence of anti-Tyrone feeling around.
"It's no surprise. I think that's the first game where a yellow card has been produced for somebody diving. That's no coincidence," he said.
Meanwhile, Limerick hurling manager TJ Ryan has parted company with two members of his backroom team and set his sights on bringing respected coach Paul Kinnerk on board for 2016.
Ryan is looking for a new coach and strength and conditioning coach after the departures of Mark Lyons and Paul Beary, who had been on board for two seasons.
Kinnerk was a vital cog in Clare's All-Ireland U-21 and senior successes between 2012 and 2014. But he left at the end of last year. At the time Clare manager Davy Fitzgerald intimated that Kinnerk would return after a year out but that seems unlikely now.
Meanwhile, Denis Connerton has been confirmed as the new Longford football manager, replacing Jack Sheedy for his second stint in the role.