All-Ireland finalists Mayo have been hit with a €10,000 fine for not travelling to New York for the final of the Connacht FBD League last month.
But Mayo will be allowed back into the competition when it resumes in January.
James Horan's men, who won the home final when they defeated NUIG last January, refused to travel to the United States for the final against New York on October 7, citing a crowded club fixture schedule and the unavailability of players as the main reasons.
The cash-strapped Mayo county board, who are struggling to service a large debt on a new stand at McHale Park in Castlebar, said that cost was not a factor in the decision.
The FBD League winners receive a subsidy towards the cost of travelling to New York for the 'away' final each October.
A spokesperson for the Connacht Council confirmed that a fine had been imposed.
"A fine of €10,000 has been imposed, Mayo will be allowed participate next year and the 2012 title has been awarded to New York," said the spokesperson.
Meanwhile, JJ Doyle is set to be named as Wexford's new U-21 hurling manager.
Doyle recently stepped down as Model County camogie boss after leading the side to a third successive All-Ireland senior title.
The Marshalstown clubman has been proposed by the county board to take over the U-21 reins from Tony Dempsey, with 1996 All-Ireland senior title winner Larry Murphy among his back-room team.