Joe Brolly: We must not let GAA follow rugby down the elitist path to destruction
The new GAA director-general's first meeting around the conference table on Level 5 in Croke Park will be like the meeting of the heads of the five families in The Godfather. They take their seats, Don Corleone shakes his head sadly and says, "How did things ever get so bad?"
- Football round-up: Historic day in Navan as GAA witnesses its first inter-county free-taking shoot-out
- Westmeath progress to O'Byrne Cup final following narrow victory over Offaly
- Hurling round-up: History made as Kerry stun Cork with 10-point win
- Sligo's Mark Breheny hangs up his boots after 17 years of service
- Blow for Tipperary as the prolific Seamus Callanan is ruled out for most of league campaign