10 best quotes of the 2013-14 Premier League season
The Special One dominates this list of the best quotes froma very colourful season in the Premier League
1. "This does not ----ing slip now"
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard roars at his team-mates in an attempt to inspire them to hang onto top spot and win the Premier League title after beating Manchester City 3-2. We all know what happened next.
2. "The title race is between two horses and a little horse that needs milk and needs to learn how to jump"
Ever the wordsmith, Jose Mourinho draws a bizarre analogy back in February to explain why Chelsea were outsiders to win the title.
3. "Brendan's chihuahua doesn't do that. During the week it sleeps, eats and trains a little bit. So I have to say his chihuahua is a privileged one"
Pleased with his horse metaphor, Jose Mourinho tries to explain why Liverpool are fortunate not to have midweek football... but instead the Chelsea manager ends up talking about small dogs.
4. "He's a specialist in failure"
It's that man Jose Mourinho again, this time having a dig at Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger while the Chelsea man guides his team to precisely zero silverware.
5. "They can die as soon as they want"
Hull City owner Assem Allam decides the best way to endear himself to the club's fans is to attempt to change the name that has stood for more than a century and tell the fans they can kill themselves if they don't like it.
6. "A very good side playing at the sort of level we are aspiring to"
While many Manchester United fans could accept David Moyes's poor results, one thing they could not take was the manager saying his side should be more like Manchester City. A far cry from Sir Alex Ferguson and his "small club with a small mentality" outlook.
7. I want to congratulate again Mike Dean. I think his performance was unbelievable and I think when referees have unbelievable performances, I think it's fair that as managers we give them praise. So fantastic performance"
He hasn't won anything this year but Jose Mourinho has been quote gold. This time he lands himself in hot water by coming across all sarcastic after Sunderland inflicted a first home defeat in 78 matches for the Chelsea manager.
8. "I just want to wear my heart on my sleeve"
Tim Sherwood explains why he tore off his gilet and threw it onto the ground as Spurs lost to Arsenal. He was angry at a lack of sleeves.
9. "I wear sunglasses because of the glare of spotlights. I wear gloves because it is very cold"
You know that bloke that looks like a James Bond villain at Cardiff City matches? It's actually the club's owner Vincent Tan and he has good reasons to dress in such a manner apparently.
10. "People with ambition want Paolo Di Canio"
Paolo Di Canio launches a self-publicity campaign to convince another club to sign him up after being sacked by Sunderland because he couldn't match their ambition of staying in the Premier League.