Win a family holiday to Universal Orlando Resort™
The Irish Independent has teamed up with Dunnes Stores to give one lucky reader the chance to win a fantastic family holiday to Universal Orlando Resort™.
This fantastic prize includes a 7-night trip for four including:
• Roundtrip airfare to Orlando, Florida
• Ground transportation between the airport and hotel in Orlando
• On-site accommodation on-site at the all-new Universal’s Aventura Hotel
• Admission to Universal Studios Florida™ and Universal's Islands
of Adventure™ theme parks, plus Universal's Volcano Bay™
• Tickets to Blue Man Group at Universal Orlando Resort™
For your chance to win, pick up a Trolls colouring-in sheet in your local Dunnes Stores from 29th September to 1st November or inside the Irish Independent on 29th September and get your kids colouring!!
Post your completed Trolls colouring-in sheet to:
Irish Independent Colouring Competition, PO Box 11, Independent News & Media PLC, Independent House, 27-32 Talbot Street, Dublin 1.
The closing date for receipt of entries is strictly Monday 5th November at 5pm. Any entries received after that date will not be valid.
Terms and conditions.
- The promoters are Independent News and Media Public Limited Company, 27-32 Talbot St, Dublin 1 (“INM”). INM will provide the prize to the winner.
- The PRIZE: There will be One (1) Prizes (“Prizes”) awarded. The prize winner (“Winner”) will receive an eight (8) day, seven (7) night trip for Winner and up to three (3) guests (“Guests”) to Universal Orlando Resort™ in Orlando, Florida (“Trip”). Trip will include: round trip economy class air transportation for Winner and up to three (3) Guests from a major commercial airport near Winner’s home (as determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion) to Orlando, FL; Seven (7) nights standard hotel accommodation (one room, quadruple occupancy, room and tax only) at Universal’s Aventura Hotel or at another on-site hotel (as determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion); non-exclusive ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Orlando, FL; 3 Park Explorer tickets for admission to Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme parks and Universal’s Volcano Bay water theme park, for Winner and up to three (3) Guests; and admission to one (1) Blue Man Group Show (exact date and time to be determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion) for Winner and up to three (3) Guests.The Fair Market Value (“FMV”) of Prize is Eleven Thousand Seven Hundred Thirty-Four and 36/100 Dollars (US $11,734.36).Trip must be completed by November 1, 2019 or Prize will be forfeited. Travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Travel dates are subject to Universal Orlando and Sponsor approval. Reservations are subject to availability. Trip must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to intended departure date. If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with fewer than the allotted number of Guests or no Guest, the Prize will be awarded to Winner and each participating Guest and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. If Winner is between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-one (21), he/she must be accompanied by an adult of at least twenty-one (21) years of age in order to check into the on-site hotel. Unless child or ward of Winner or one of the allotted Guests, each Guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time as the Winner. FMV of Prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated FMV and final FMV of Prize will not be awarded. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, baggage, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, baggage fees, and security charges. Winner and Guests are responsible for obtaining, at their own expense, any necessary travel documentation (i.e. valid photo identification, visas, passports, etc.) prior to travel. Once issued, tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Universal Orlando.
- To enter the competition, entrants must submit a colouring-in entry form to Irish Independent Colouring Competition, PO Box 11, Independent News & Media PLC, 27-32 Talbot St., Dublin 1 to arrive no later than Monday 5th November at 5pm. Entries will not be accepted at Dunnes Stores or any location than the address specified. No responsibility will be accepts for entries delivered to Dunnes Stores.
- No alternative prize available.
- Colouring-in entry form will be published in the Irish Independent on Saturday 29th September and will be available in participating Dunnes Stores from 29th September to 12th October.
- Closing date for receipt of entries by the Promoter is Monday 5th November at 5pm.
- The details of entrants will be kept on file by the Irish Independent until 15th November to use in the judging process. On 31st November, the held data will be destroyed.
- Responsibility will not be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries will become the property of the Promoter.
- The prize will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the supplier of the prize to the Promoter.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into. Winner will be contacted by email or telephone. The winner must claim the prize within 1 month of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the Promotion rules.
- By entering the promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of the personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and for any other purpose to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions.
- Prizes are non transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the Courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Promoter and Data Controller: Independent News & Media, Independent House, 27-32 Talbot St, Dublin 1.
- Employees and agents of INM or any company connected with the promotion or any of INM’s associated companies are not eligible to take part in the applicable competition, nor are their immediate family members. For these purposes an "immediate family member" includes a spouse, partner, child, step child, grandchild, brother, step brother, sister, step sister, parent, step parent or legal guardian.
- Winners will be notified within one week of the relevant closing date, by email or telephone.
- INM will endeavour to deliver all prizes within 5 days of winning. Where this is not possible the winner will be notified of the delay.
- Any additional costs and expenses incurred by the prize winner are to be the responsibility of the prize winner.
- The determination and decision of INM on all matters shall be final and no competition correspondence will be entered into. INM reserve the right in their reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) in the magazine, this website, and/or other printed materials, or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond INM’s reasonable control.
- Entrants acknowledge and accept that publicity may be given to competition winners and winners’ names and images may be published on Independent.ie website, social media channels and other website(s) relating to the promotion. Winners must co-operate fully for publicity purposes if so required.
- All entrants agree not to engage in any interviews or make any statements in connection with or arising from the competition without the written consent of INM.
- INM reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
- INM will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of INM or its employees, INM will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
- INM reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules at any time without prior notice.